Thursday, June 22, 2017

Books I Couldn't Stop Thinking About

A couple of weeks ago, BuzzFeed posted an article by staff member Lincoln Thompson called "31 Books You Won't Be Able to Stop Thinking About." Some of them are newer releases, while others are older. Out of the 31 books mentioned I have only read one, however I do have some others on my TBR.

The one book listed that I have read before is The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield. It has been quite some time since I first read it, but I remember enjoying this story and piecing it all together to uncover the mystery. I gave it a 4 star rating, however I wouldn't quite say that it was a book I couldn't stop thinking about.

This article got me thinking: what are some books that stayed with me long after I finished the last page? I would like to share a couple of those with you today.





Marley and Me: Life and Love with the Worlds Worst Dog by John Grogan 
This book along with the movie based on it, really hit home for me, especially since I read it around the time that my childhood dog Pal passed away. I could really relate to the love Grogan and his family had for Marley dispite all the trouble he got into. Long after the last page (or scene in the case of the movie) I would remember parts and smile or shed a tear.






I Love You Forever by Robert Munsch / Illustrated by Sheila McGraw
Yes, this is a children's book. And yes I've mentioned it many, many times here on ML's Many Reads. But this story of the love between a mother and her son is just so timeless and heartwarming. I Love You Forever is even more meaningful to me now that I have my own little boy.




See Jane Run by Joy Fielding
See Jane Run is a suspenseful story about a woman who suffers an accident resulting in amnesia. That description sounds pretty similar to other books right? But this one touches on some pretty disturbing occurrences that still send chills down my spine. I would also like to add that this was the first time I had read a book of this nature, so this may play into its lasting effect on me.





Now I'd love to hear from you. Have you read any of the books mentioned in the article and if so did they stay with you? What other books had a lasting effect with you? Leave me a message in the comments. 

2 comments:

  1. You've reminded me I have The Thirteenth Tale on my TBR. I put it on my 2017 Must Read shelf to remind myself. I may have seen that Marley and Me movie but haven't read the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy The Thirteenth Tale! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete