Wednesday, March 8, 2017

The Battle of the Labyrinth (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4) by Rick Riordan



The Battle of the Labyrinth
(Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #4)
By: Rick Riordan



Published: May 2008
Published By: Listening Library
Format Read: Audio Book
Genre: Middle Grade, Fantasy, Young Adult


Rating: 3/5
💚💚💚








In this 4th installment of Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson series, our hero sets out on another quest. This time he joins friends Annabeth, Grover and half-brother Tyson, as they enter the labyrinth in an effort to stop the rise of the evil Kronos and his army.


I admit that I had a hard time getting into book 4. The thought of our hero’s travelling through a labyrinth initially had me intrigued. However as I listened along, I got somewhat overwhelmed by the vast difference in each room they came across. I also had a hard time picturing the monsters they battled on their journey.

Thankfully closer to the end of this audio book, I began to enjoy the story more. The pace really picked up and there was quite a bit of action. I really appreciated how the author included the God Pan to give his readers a lesson in the importance of preserving our environment.


Although this wasn’t my favourite book in the Percy Jackson series, I would still recommend it to fans of middle grade fantasy. 


Previous Books in the Percy Jackson Series:

  1. The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympian's, #1) 
  2. The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympian's. #2)
  3. The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympian's. #3) 



No comments:

Post a Comment