Sunday, January 1, 2017

2016 End of the Year Book Survey

Happy 2017 everyone! I hope that the last year was good to you and that you had a wonderful New Years Eve. 

Today I will be sharing my 2016 End of the Year Book Survey. This survey was created by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner. If you are interested in posting your own, click on the link to visit the original copy. Also if you have participated, please leave me your links in the comments so I can check out your surveys. 







2016 Reading Stats
Number of books read: 51
Number of re-reads: 3
Genre you read the most from:
 

Note: Many books are categorized under multiple genres. I originally compiled this post earlier in the week, but have since finished one more book. My total stats above reflect that completed book, but unfortunately these charts do not. 



Best in Books

1.    Best book you read in 2016?
Oh dear, this is a hard one.. So I will just say my top 4..







2.    Book you were excited about & thought you were going to love more but didn’t?



3.    Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book that you read?

I was surprised that I enjoyed The Lightning Thief (PercyJackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan, as much as I did. Also Wishing You Were Here by Catherine Chant was better than I expected. 


4.    Book you “pushed” the most people to read (and they did!)
I’ve been encouraging people to read The Munich Girl byPhyllis Edgerly Ring, a lot this year.


5.    Best series you started in 2016? Best sequel of 2016? Best series ender of 2016?

Best Series Started: Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan
Best Series Ender: I didn’t complete any book series in 2016


6.    Favourite new author you discovered in 2016?



7.    Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

The Color Purple by Alice Walker (I normally struggle with classics.)


8.    Most action packed/thrilling/un-put-downable book of the year?



9.    Book you read in 2016 that you are most likely to re-read next year?
I have so many books on my TBR that I haven’t read yet, that I will be reading in 2017. I probably won’t have time to re-read any I read in 2016.


10.                      Favourite cover of a book read in 2016?



11.                      Most memorable character of 2016?

Grover or Tyson from The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan.


12.                      Most beautifully written book read in 2016?

13.                      Most thought provoking/ life changing book of 2016?



14.                      You can’t believe you waited until 2016 to finally read?


15.                      Favourite passage/quote from a book you read in 2016?



16.                      Shortest and longest book read in 2016?

17.                      Book that shocked you the most?
I wasn’t overly shocked by any of the books I read in 2016.


18.                      OTP pairing of 2016? (One true pairing.)



19.                      Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?
Percy and Grover from The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan


20.                      Favourite book you read in 2016 from an author you’ve read previously?



21.                      Best book you read in 2016 that you read based solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?
The Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan


22.                      Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?


23.                      Best 2016 debut you read?



24.                      Best world building/ Most vivid setting you read in 2016?

The Girl in the Castle (Deverill Chronicles #1) by Santa Montefiore


25.                      Book that put a smile on your face/ Was the most fun to read?



26.                      Book that made you cry or nearly cry in 2016?


27.                      Hidden gem of the year?



28.                      Book that crushed your soul?



29.                      Most unique book you read in 2016?


30.                      Book that made you the most mad? 

Blaming the Wind by Alessandra Harris (due to character decisions.)



Your Blogging/Bookish Life
1.    New favourite book blog you discovered in 2016?
Read all the Things!


3.    Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
When I was posting my regular Sunday Wrap-ups and linking up with The Sunday Post and It’s Monday! What are you reading?

4.    The best event that you participated in?
I really enjoyed participating in the Bout of Book Read-a-thons.

5.    Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Being sent some amazing books by authors and then continuing to keep in contact with them, even after I had reviewed their books.

6.    Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I have been dealing with a lot of personal things and health issues since earlier this summer, so unfortunately my blogging and reading have had to take a back seat.

7.    Most popular post this year on your blog?
Bout of Books 17 Master Post

8.    Post you wished got a little more love?
Maybe my Worth a Watch posts.

9.    Best bookish discovery of 2016?
Discovering my husband and I both enjoy listening to audio books and finding many via my library’s OverDrive app.

10.                      Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning on the year?

I completed my Goodreads goal of reading 50 books in the year 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment