Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sunday Wrap-up: July 24, 2016



Hello fellow book lovers,
Long time no update, I know. Life just seems to just keep throwing me difficult times this year. Something has got to give sooner or later because to be honest I'm exhausted. Judging by the sate of the world lately it seems like life is in turmoil all over, unfortunately. But tough times, make the good moments even more special. I'd like to share one of those moments with you now..  Yesterday I enjoyed a nice walk around the lake and the park that surrounds it.



It has been quite hot here lately, so I've been trying to stay inside and cool. The lack of rain has resulted in fire bans all over the county and even water restrictions. The vegetable garden is doing well though. I picked some yummy green peppers a couple of days ago. Soon the tomatoes will be ripe enough to pick.

My Reading Progress:

Life has derailed my reading progress this month. I had high hopes to have a productive reading month, but it hasn't quite gone as planned. 

Since my last update (July 3) I have finished 3 books:




Rating: 4/5


The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan
Review to come.
Rating: 4/5



Yes, I'm still plugging away at The Distant Hours. I'm having trouble motivating myself to pick up and read this one though.


This is only my second time reading (listening actually) to The Chamber of Secrets and I think I'm enjoying it more this time around, than I did all those years ago. 


Recent Posts:




Hosted by: Book Date


Hosted by: Caffeinated Book Reviewer



8 comments:

  1. Wow nice pic. I love being by the water in the summer. and it has been hot! Glad the garden is doing well, nothing better than fresh tomatoes out of the garden.

    The Bookshop on the Corner looks great, that cover doesn't hurt. Hard to resist books about bookstores...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just picked some fresh tomatoes today.

      I really enjoyed The Bookshop on the Corner.

      Delete
  2. Always good to get out and about, especially by the water. It looks a lovely place.

    I hope The Distant Hours gets better for you. From memory I did enjoy it, but it wasn't a favourite Kate Morton book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Yvonne. The Distant Hours definitely wasn't one of my favourites, unfortunately.

      Delete
  3. I love the photo. I hope life slows down for you so you get more time to read.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Kate Morton on my list. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete