Monday, July 11, 2016

Mid-year Review: 2016

I have been seeing a lot of mid-year posts around the blogging world lately and I think its a great idea to look back on reading progress for the year. So I have decided to jump in and share my own progress. I have modelled this post on Grace's recent Top 10 Tuesday Post on her blog Rebel Mommy Book Blog.

Biggest Surprise


I didn't expect to enjoy this series as much as I have. I've been listening to the Percy and the Olympian's series in audio format, but I hope to purchase the series in trade paperback. 

Book I want to Reread the Most:

Saving CeeCee Honeycutt was a wonderful and heartwarming story that I would like to revisit.

Prettiest Cover:


Wouldn't you just love to sit here with a good friend and just relax?

Favourite Debut:

 Favourite New-to-me Author:


Rick Riordan

Book that made me laugh:


Favourite Bookish Boy:


David Stoltzfus. but he is a man not a boy. 

Best Non-fiction


This book follows the events of 9/11 and how the town of Gander, Newfoundland came to the aid of the stranded plane passengers. 

Biggest Disappointment:


Best Book I've Read So Far:



I'd love to know: what is your favourite book of 2016 so far? Also which book was the most disappointing? Leave me a message in the comments.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed Percy Jackson ^^ It's one of my favorite series! I hope you will enjoy the other books in the different demigod series too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to continue on reading his other books as well. Now that I am familiar with his writing style, I'm interested in what else he has to offer. :)

      Delete
  2. I read some of the Percy Jackson books a few years ago and thought they were a lot of fun. I always meant to continue with the series, but I have so many books and so little time!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! Normally I don't marathon a series, but I have been with these because I'm listening to them on audio. Hope you decide to continue on with them someday.
      Thanks for stopping by AJ. :)

      Delete