Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Top 10 Tuesday: Top 10 Book Soundtracks

Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

This week's Top 10 Tuesday involves book and music. I know that other bloggers may interpret this theme differently, but I decided to approach it as follows:

My Top 10 Book Soundtracks 


1. Book: Random Passage by Bernice Morgan 
Song: England by Great Big Sea
Reason for pairing: Both the book and the song tell the tale of the early days of the Newfoundland fishery. 



Song: Royals by Lorde
Reason for pairing: This song goes out to all the girls who were not chosen to be The One. 






Song: See You Again by Carrie Underwood 
Reason for pairing: Both the book and the song are about the loss of a loved one. 

Song: Stay by Sugarland 
Reason for pairing: Both the book and the song is about an affair. 


5. Book: The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
Song: My Serenade by Django Reinhardt
Reason for pairing: Django was one of the fictional Frankie Presto's biggest influences. 


6. Book: My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares
Song: You Belong to Me by Jo Stafford 
Reason for pairing: Both the book and the song mention numerous locations all around the world.

Song: No Price Tags on the Doors of Newfoundland by Roy Payne
Reason for pairing: This song was mentioned in the book to describe the famous Newfoundland hospitality.


8. Book: The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Song: A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke
Reason for pairing: This song was mentioned in the book. Both are about the civil rights movements of the 1960's. 

9. Anne of Green Gables (series) by L.M. Montgomery
Song: Let Me Call You Sweetheart by Henry Burr and the Peerless Quartet
Reason for pairing: An old classic that reminds me of Anne and Gilbert

 

10. Book: A Walk to Remember by Nicholas Sparks
Song: Only Hope by Mandy Moore
 Reason for pairing: This song was on the soundtrack of the movie adaptation.


Whew this weeks topic was harder than I thought it would be, but I made it to 10. What do you think of my list? If you participated in this weeks TTT, leave me your links in the comments. I'd love to see how other bloggers answer this weeks challenge.

2 comments:

  1. You've got lots of beautiful music here Melissa! Most of which I had never heard before. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete