Monday, February 1, 2016

Monthly Wrap-up: January 2016


January was quite a busy month, yet at the same time it seemed quite long. Perhaps because it is winter time. Not like we have been having a lot of winter weather though. The temperatures have been going up and down like crazy. What I would really like is a good old snow storm.

So lets look back on the first month of the year..
The last (saying goodbye to my childhood home) was so bittersweet.

I had a great month in reading though, which I contribute to the Bout of Book Read-a-thon. Here is my reading progress for January:

Total Books Read in January: 8





No 5 star books read this month unfortunately, but I did read some pretty interesting stories. I am pleased with the number of non-fiction books I have read this month.

The Stats:

Favourite Book of the Month: The Day the World Came to Town by Jim Defede

Favourite Book Cover: Death Comes to Kurland Hall (Kurland St. Mary Mystery #3) by Catherine Lloyd

Favourite Setting: Gander, Newfoundland (The Day the World Came to Town)
Favourite Character: None
Longest Book Read: The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick (384 pgs)
Shortest Book Read: The Mitford Snowmen by Jan Karon (32 pgs)
Total Number of Books Read: 8
Total Number of Fiction Read: 4
Total Number of Non-fiction Read: 4

Currently Reading:


How did you do this month? Did you get a lot of reading done? Leave me a message in the comments. Hope you all had a wonderful January and all the best in February! 

Links:



Hosted by: Book Date

 

4 comments:

  1. Love the way you have set your post out and all the information about the books. Would be hard saying good-bye to your childhood home and all its memories. All the best for Feb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathryn. I kind of went crazy on Canva. I love that website.
      Wishing you all the best in February as well.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on 1 year of blogging. Hope February is a great reading month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nise'. Hope you have a great month as well.

      Delete