Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Morning Breakfast: Crock Pot Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole

Christmas Morning Breakfast: Crock Pot Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole

Image from: 12 Tomatoes

 

Ever since I moved out on my own it has been a tradition to spend Christmas Eve at my parents house. We always wake up early Christmas morning and open presents, then have a big family breakfast. 

This year I wanted to make a nice dish to go with our bacon, eggs, toast and fruit. So I decided to make a new favourite of ours: Crock Pot Hash Brown and Sausage Casserole.

I discovered this recipe several weeks ago on Pinterest and made it for dinner one night. The husband and I both loved it and thought that it would be great for breakfast as well. The fact that it is done in a crock pot meant that there would be plenty to go around and perhaps even leftovers. This also made for quick and easy preparation. 

To save time in the morning I cooked it the night before (Christmas eve) then just re-heated it in the morning before serving. 

Well I am happy to report that it was a hit with me family. Some of them even had second helpings. 

I've never shared a recipe on my blog before, but I thought it would be a nice addition from time to time. 

I found this recipe on: www.12tomatoes.com 

And adapted it to suit my family. 

Ingredients:
1 Bag of Frozen Hash Browns
1/2 White Onion Chopped
1 Bag of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
5 Smoked Cheese Filled Sausages
1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup

Directions:
Dump all ingredients into a lightly greased crock pot. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. 
Adapted from:



Sounds easy right? And its tasty as well. If you check out the original recipe you will notice that I omitted the green onion and salt. But that was just a personal preference. I'm sure there are many other wonderful ingredients that can be added to suit different tastes. 

Now I'd like to know what you think about me posting the occasional recipe? I'm no chef or baker by any means, so they will generally be simple favourites that I intend to share. I'd love to hear your thoughts and/or suggestions in the comments below. 

-Melissa Lee

No comments:

Post a Comment