Thursday, September 10, 2015

My East Coast Summer Vacation Pt. 1 (Quebec to New Brunswick)

This has been a post I've been meaning to make since last month, however I was swamped with reviews, tags, memes and Bout of Books, so I kept putting it off. So tonight I finally decided to take some time to begin telling you all about my summer vacation.

Our journey included stops in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia and our final destination Newfoundland.

We left home (Ontario) long before the sun began to rise on the morning of July 12. Because we were driving we wanted to make the most of our time. Hoping to reach Montreal Quebec before the lunch time traffic got too bad. Really, who am I kidding? Traffic in Montreal is always bad.

Map of the Trans Canada through Quebec and New Brunswick


It had been around 13 years since I drove out east with my family. The past couple of trips I took out there was by plane. I enjoy the drive mostly because of the scenery. Unfortunately I had forgotten how uncomfortable it is to be crunched up in the back seat of a vehicle for several days in a row, ha. I'm not as young as I once was. :)

Thankfully there is a new route through Montreal that goes around the city. This route was beautiful as the highway winds through a lot of farm area. I wish I had gotten some pictures. I would have loved to stop and spend some time in Montreal and Quebec City, however that wasn't on our agenda this trip. Hopefully I will get a chance to do this another time though. Perhaps it would be a nice honeymoon spot.. I'm getting off track here ha.

Our stop for the first night of our drive was in Edmundston New Brunswick. We arrived at our hotel around dinner time. We stayed at the Best Western for the night.

Not the best picture, but this is the Best Western, Edmundston
The amenities included: a pool, hot tub, fitness center, high-speed internet and continental breakfast.

Inside the beautiful lobby at the Best Western Edmundston
Inside the hotel was just even more beautiful than the outside. It was decorated with lovely antique furniture and paintings in all of the common areas. The second floor had a nice setting area, with a two level fireplace. There was also a beautiful oak staircase leading up from the lobby.

I wish I could have taken more time to explore the hotel, but after many hours traveling we were all exhausted. We were all sound asleep in our comfy beds before the sun set for the day.

The next morning we were early to rise as we had to get back on the road again. The continental breakfast was decent and had several options to offer guests. Other than a broken hair dryer, we all enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend the Best Western Edmundston to others and would stay there again.

Our next stop was Prince Edward Island! Stay tuned for my next post where I will continue on to share our adventures there.


 Sources:
http://transcanadahighway.com/quebec/map.html 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're sharing your travelling adventures with us Melissa :) Posts like these always give me wanderlust! A road trip sounds very nice although I've never actually done one. Here, everything is max. 1 hour away from everything else XD

    That little hotel looks really nice. I'm off to read parts 2 and 3 of your summer vacation now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Soudha. I am really enjoying your travel posts as well. Its always nice to learn about new places. I hope you enjoy my little glimpse of eastern Canada. :)

      Delete