Friday, September 4, 2015

#FitReaders: Weekly Check-in: September 4 2015


Hello all,
Just a quick post to check-in for the #FitReaders challenge, I recently joined. 

You know those weeks where you blink and its over? Well that is exactly happened to me. It felt like we had just gotten home from our trip this past weekend and here it is Friday night already. What did I even do this week? Not a whole lot, to be honest. With my heart problem I tend to get tired easy, especially after having several busy days in a row. It often takes me a couple of days to recover, just resting and getting a lot of sleep. So that is what I have been doing this week. 

I admit that I haven't been very active, nor did I get out on any walks the past 5 days. However my fridge is full of yummy fruit that I have been nibbling away on. I've been eating fresh pears, raspberries and watermelon. 

Thursday evening was probably my most active day this week. I went for a long swim and got out just in time for a big storm to hit. That swim did me good though because I was so exhausted when I got home, I slept like a baby last night.

Hopefully next week I will have a better report to share. 
Have a great weekend, everyone.
-Melissa

6 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group! Sounds like you are working yourself into the right mindset.... Starting with some healthy food alternatives is great (I snack way too much). Try adding small things to your day, like walking for 5 minutes, or doing jumping jacks for a minute. When I started, my goal was to "move with purpose" for 10 minutes each day. Sometimes that was simply walking around my home, doing "fake" jump roping, and marching in place. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I snack way too much too. A couple of months ago I signed up for Nature Box. So far its been good. Lots of yummy choices. Thank you for the tips, Jen! :) Move with a purpose.. I'm going to try to keep that in mind and see if that helps motivate me.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the group!!! I try to have fresh fruit in the house all the time - a much better snack alternative than chips and other junk food, that's for sure! I just got back from basically being away all of August, so I am slowly getting back on track. This group is great for cheering you on and helping to keep you motivated!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kristin. All the best to you in September.

      Delete
  3. Melissa FitReaders is awesome, with so much sense of readers around the world 'just doing it'. That said rest and healthy food equally important. I love that Thursday night swim and sleeping so well. I can only swim around to play about, not a long length swimmer but it does relax too. Nice to have you on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a long length swimmer either, but I tried to keep moving about when I was in the pool. Whatever I did helped though. :)
      Thank you for stopping by Kathryn.

      Delete