Monday, August 24, 2015

#FitReaders Challenge Sign up








Over the past 7 months I have come across some really interesting blogs. Several people I have been following do these weekly Fit Readers updates and although I’ve read their posts I never really paid much attention to them. For some reason tonight as I read through my blog subscription emails, I took the time to really notice the Fit Readers Challenge and decided to look into it more. 

I guess I anticipated a strict exercise and diet regime, one that I knew I couldn’t stick to. However I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it is basically a support system for our own individual goals that we set for ourselves. Those who are signed up do weekly check in’s and cheer on other participants.
No stress, no pressure! Let me tell you, I love the sound of that. Dealing with heart problems I have to be careful what I take on and how I go about it. However I must admit that I am in a rut both physically and emotionally. I feel so run down, not just on the bad days (which there are some even with the help of a pacemaker) but every day. I know that I need to make some changes in my activity levels and in the food I choose to eat. 

The main problem is that I am a procrastinator. I tell myself I will get to it later or tomorrow. I’ve become really good at talking myself out of things. Sometimes I need that extra push of encouragement. This is where I think that the Fit Readers Challenge would work for me. So here is my official sign up and declaration to make better choices for myself. 

I am not going to let myself get overwhelmed by this. I am going to start with small changes and once those become natural to me I will do more. One step at a time. I am not going to set a specific weight loss goal, although I do intend to lose weight. 

To begin here are my goals:

  • Create a health log in my journal to keep track of my progress.
  • Keep a log of my daily water intake and meals.
  • Start doing yoga again at least once a week.
  • Do additional activities such as walking, biking etc. at least twice a week.
  • Make better healthy eating choices and/or cut my portion sizes of snacks. 


This may not seem like much to some people, but for me this is a positive start within the range I know I am capable of. Starting small is better than not starting at all right?
I look forward to connecting with other Fit Readers participants and making strides towards my goals of getting healthier and feeling better.

Fit Readers is hosted by Geeky Bloggers Book Club and That’sWhat I’m Talking About. Click here to learn more about the challenge and to join in.

1 comment:

  1. Misfits of fitness, I like the sounds of that lol. Thank you Felicia.

    ReplyDelete