Thursday, April 2, 2015

Monthly Wrap-up: March 2015






Month in Review is a new monthly meme which was created by Kathryn at Book Date.


Well my birthday month has come and gone. I turned 28 on the 1st of March. One step closer to 30.. *sighs*. I went out to celebrate at Dave and Busters for some drinks, yummy food and games. Dave and Busters is basically an adult Chuck-e-Cheese. It was a great night. 

Another highlight from this past month was this past weekend (the 28th) my mom and I went to see the Irish singing group Celtic Thunder in concert. What an amazing show! Man can those guys sing and they aren’t hard on the eyes either hehe.
Check out a video of them performing below:

Just beautiful! One surprise was the fact that former group member Damian McGinty rejoined the group for this tour. Fans of Glee know him from his role as Rory in season 3. The audience also learned that we were all going to be part of the filming of their upcoming DVD, which was pretty exciting.
Image from: www.fanpop.com

He’s a cutie eh?

Anyway on to the books! 

I had a great month in reading quantity wise, completing a total of 7 books. However I brought home more books than I anticipated making for a larger than normal (for me) haul. I also participated in several memes and tags which connected me with many other wonderful bloggers. 

Here are all the books I completed in March:







The List:

  1. To Kill a Matzo Ball: A Deadly Deli Mystery by Delia Rosen(Rating: 2/5)
  2. Ice: A Memoir of Gangster Life and Redemption- from SouthCentral to Hollywood by Ice-T (Rating: 4/5)
  3. A Home for My Heart by Anne Mateer (Rating: 3/5)
  4. Heart of Gold by Lacy Williams (Rating: 2.5/5)
  5. The Little Giant of Aberdeen County by Tiffany Baker (Rating: 2.5/5)
  6. Finding Me by Kathryn Cushman (Rating: 3.5/5)
  7. The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher (Rating:5/5) REVIEW COMING SOON


The Stats:

Favourite Book of the Month: The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Favourite Setting: Lancaster County Pennsylvania (The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher)
Favourite Character: Yonnie from The Choice by Suzanne Woods Fisher
Longest Book Read: A Home from My Heart by Anne Mateer
Shortest Book Read: Heart of Gold by Lacy Williams
Total Number of Pages Read: 2099
Total Number of Fiction Books Read: 6
Total Number of Non-Fiction Books Read: 1

Challenge Updates:

2015 A-Z Challenge: 11/26
2015 Ebook Challenge: 9/10
2015 Historical Fiction Reading Challenge: 6/10
Millionaire Challenge: 5588/1000000

Currently Reading:


April TBR:








 

 

 

 

Also... I have created a Facebook page for my blog, however I can't seem to figure out how to create a link along the right side for it yet, but I just wanted to share it. Check it out at the link below, likes and comments are greatly appreciated. 

  https://www.facebook.com/mlsmanyreads

Thanks for stopping by. Hope you all had a great month in reading. Leave me your links to your march wrap-ups in the comments below and I will check them out.

8 comments:

  1. I reviewed The Little Giant of Aberdeen County way back when it first came out. I really liked it. I love Ice-T. I've got to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out your review for The Little Giant of Aberdeen County. Hope you enjoy the Ice-T memoir if you get to it.

      Delete
  2. I hope you love The Selection! That's one of my favorite series. It's just so fun! :D

    Happy belated birthday!

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angie!
      Its not normally a book I'd pick up but its one of the picks of the month for the Bookworm Bitches group on Goodreads this month. I hope I enjoy it as well.

      Delete
  3. So intrigued by the Ice-T memoir, I loved watching the Ice and Coco TV show on E back some time ago. I am not musical and don't listen much but people interest me.
    Dawn French too, love her comedy.
    Love your reading stats. Also loving the colour of your blog. One of my favourites!
    Thanks for joining your post to the meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you for your kind words Kathryn. I can't say i'm a fan of Ice-T's music either but theres just something about the guy that I like. Its worth checking out. Looking forward to participating in your meme again at the end of this month.

      Delete
  4. that's a different way of doing review - to sum up the month and choose your pick!!! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I like to be able to think back over the past few weeks. It will make it easier when I do my year in review to look back on. :)

      Delete